Licensed Medical Aesthetician
Applicant must be outgoing, polished, sales oriented, professional, positive, highly self-motivated, responsible, and well spoken. Client base a plus, competitive pay.
Requirements for this position include:
- At least 2 years prior experience in a medical spa.
- Organizational, time management skills and selling skills.
- Customer service background, with friendly interpersonal skills for patient relations.
- Must be appropriately groomed for direct engagement with clientele.
- Self-starter and able to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office including Word and Excel.
The candidate is responsible for the following and should be able to perform these duties and aesthetic services proficiently. We are willing to train the right candidate on any procedures to bring them up to speed with our services. Assists with front desk duties.
- Medical Grade Facials, Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels, Silk Peel, Hydrafacial and CoolSculpting.
- Have a strong desire to help people and understand the value of providing excellent care.
- Selling and educating patients on medical-grade product lines including ZO Skin Health and Latisse.
- New patient consultations on skin care concerns and aesthetic goals.
- Educate and recommend products and treatments.
- Manage inventory, and reorder products and tools, as required.
- Embrace and execute corporate marketing promotions and initiatives.
- Blog on Facebook and Website.
- Bilingual a plus but not required.
- Valid Nebraska State Aesthetician license (must meet education requirement(s) for Nebraska State licensure).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Procuring and posting payment of cosmetic procedures.
- Maintain an honest relationship with each patient and understand the importance of setting proper limits and expectations for anticipated results.
Westfield Plastic Surgery Center is adding a highly motivated and detail-oriented CNA to our growing team. In-office clinical work experience is a must.
The right applicant will have excellent patient care and superior customer service, with a focus on communicating effectively in delivering information to the patient accurately.
- Must have high organizational skills as well as proficient computer skills to include experience with an electronic health record.
- Must have strong work ethic and time management skills. Able to assist during in-office procedures.
- Understands team concept in working with others.
- Possesses ability to prioritize in dealing with the needs of the surgical and clinical team during a case.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to, scheduling surgery with the patient, coordination with multiple surgical centers, clerical duties related to documentation of patient care, scribing and correspondence, cleaning and stocking exam rooms, room patients, and obtaining vitals.